Autumn to winter vegie patch via climatic region
The change of season from autumn to winter brings changes to the vegie patch. How you transit to the winter vegie patch will depend on where you live and your climatic conditions,
Up north, in warm temperate, subtropical and tropical zones:
- The dry season has commenced.
- Humidity and rainfall are low.
- Days can be warm and sunny with cool nights.
Down south, in cool temperate, Mediterranean and highland zones:
- Days are cool and nights cold. Days are short but lengthening.
- In Mediterranean zones (parts of southern Australia) rain is often around, while in cool temperate parts of the east coast, winter is often dry.
- In many areas, especially inland, frost can be widespread with the chance of snow in elevated zones.
Step-by-step vegie guide
There is nothing more rewarding than growing and harvesting your own vegies to share with family and friends.
Follow our seven steps to growing vegies in winter with tips and tricks along the way.