Seasol Seed Raising & Cutting Potting Mix contains everything you need to take the guesswork out of germinating seeds and propagating plants from cuttings. Safe for most seeds and plant cuttings, it contains the highest quality raw ingredients, Seasol GOLD, balanced nutrients and trace elements and wetting agent to ensure plants get a great start to life.
Seasol Seed Raising & Cutting Potting Mix:
- Is treated with Seasol GOLD to help improve seed germination rates, promote strong, rapid root development and early plant development.
- Contains up to 6 month slow-release feeding (balanced nutrients and trace elements) for robust, healthy, vigorous growth without burning.
- Is boosted with calcium to help thicken the plant’s cell walls, making them healthy and strong for the early stages of development and growth.
- Contains a wetting agent that helps water get to the root system, ensuring plants roots stay moist.
- Is rich in organic matter, compost and other gardening materials to improve seed germination and plant development.
How to use – Seed germinating
To get the best results follow these simple steps:
- Take a seed raising tray and fill with Seasol Seed Raising & Cutting Potting Mix about 15mm below the rim of the tray. Press firmly and water gently. Allow to drain.
- Either scatter seeds across the mix surface or place seeds individually at even spacings. As a general guide large seeds are planted individually, and smaller seeds can be placed in a group of 2 or 3. Depending upon the size of seed they can be pressed into the soil lightly.
- Use Seasol Seed Raising & Cutting Potting Mix and sprinkle a light layer (up to 5mm) over the seed. Avoid a thick layer of mix as this will reduce germination rates.
- Water in gently with Seasol and let drain.
- Place in a well-lit position away from the direct sun. It is important germinating seeds receive natural light.
How to use – Plant cuttings
Hygiene is particularly important when growing cuttings. If using recycled pots or containers for growing cutting wash thoroughly with warm soapy water.
- Place Seasol Seed Raising & Cutting potting mix in individual pots about 2cm from the top of the container. Press down firmly.
- Take plant cuttings. The size of cuttings will vary depending upon the plant species. As a general guide and for greater success take smaller cuttings rather than larger ones.
- The use of a hormone powder or gel will assist with cutting success.
- Place cutting in the mix, ensuring a node is below the mix level.
- Water in well with Seasol and let drain.
- Cover with a clear plastic bag or place in a greenhouse environment. Avoid direct sunlight. Ensure there is adequate air circulation. Cuttings also require a high humidity for success.
- Monitor mix moisture levels and water as required.
- Once the roots develop transplant cuttings into Seasol Advanced Potting Mix
Inhalation of dust and/or liquid mists may irritate, inflame or sensitise the nose, throat and lungs resulting in illnesses ranging from hay fever or asthma to pneumonia or pneumonia-like illnesses. Direct contact with this material or its dust and/or liquid mists (bioaerosols) may cause skin irritation (dermatitis), and skin or eye infections or irritation. People particularly at risk are those suffering from asthma or allergies, and those immune defence systems are compromised.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid breathing dust and/or liquid mists. Wear suitable protective clothing and standard duty gloves. If exposed to dust and/or liquid mists also wear dust-resistant eye protection and particulate respirator. Wash your hands thoroughly immediately after handing. Wash work clothes regularly. Clean up by wet sweeping or vacuuming. Store product in a cool location.
Irrigate eyes with plenty of water for 10 minutes. Wash skin with soap and water. Seek medical attention for any persistent skin, eye or respiratory symptoms.
Please click here to download the Safety Data Sheet