Seasol Garden Soil Mix contains everything you need to take the guesswork out of revitalising soils containing all the ingredients a plant needs to grow. Safe to use on all plants in the garden excluding phosphorous sensitive natives. It contains added nutrients, seaweed and organics, Seasol GOLD, trace elements and wetting agent to ensure plants thrive all year round. Red tick certified to meet the Australian premium standards for a premium mix.
Seasol Garden Soil Mix:
- Is treated with Seasol GOLD to reduce transplant shock and aid establishment. It helps to promote rapid, root development and strong, robust healthy growth.
- Seasol GOLD is boosted with calcium to help thicken the plant’s cell walls, this helps to reduce stress from frost, heat, pests, and diseases.
- Contains enough fertiliser to feed your plants for up to 4 months with a unique slow-release balanced mix of nutrients and trace elements. Everything you need for healthy growth, beautiful blooms, and tasty produce.
- Contains a wetting agent that helps get the water to where it is needed, improving soil fertility, holding water around plants roots.
- Rich in organic matter and compost to improve and revitalise soil and improve plant health.
Seasol Garden Soil Mix is easy to use and with added nutrients, seaweed and organics, will improve soil fertility and hold water around plants roots. If using as a soil conditioner, follow these simple steps:
- Soak the plant to be planted in a bucket of Seasol before planting to hydrate the plant and reduce transplant shock.
- Choose a plant location to meet plant requirements (check plant tag). Scrape back mulch and remove weeds. Dig hole wider and deeper than plant.
- Mix Seasol Plant + Soil Booster with Seasol Garden Soil Mix and mix in backfill soil.
- Remove plant from pot by gently squeezing the pot. Take care not to disturb plant foliage or roots. Place plant into the hole ensuring it isn’t sitting too high or too deep. Don’t allow the root system to be exposed. Press in firmly and create a very shallow dish to avoid water run off when watering in.
- Fill hole with backfill soil and press firmly. Water in gently with Seasol at recommended rates.
Spring – Water in at planting. Watering frequency is dependent on weather conditions. Monitor soil moisture conditions and apply water if soil feels dry.
Summer – Water every day or every second day depending upon plant variety and weather conditions for the first 4 weeks and then monitor water requirements. (Local water guidelines and restrictions may vary).
Autumn – Water twice a week in warm autumn conditions and reduce as the weather cools down. Watering frequency is dependant on local weather conditions and variety of plant.
Winter – Water in well at planting and monitor soil moisture. Apply water if soil feels dry. Waterwise plants may not require additional watering until weather warms up.
Ongoing Plant Care:
Seasol Garden Soil Mix will improve soil structure and water holding capacity and can be used for revitalising and topping up soil levels on existing garden beds.
It is ideal for revitalising soil when replanting all plants (excluding phosphorous sensitive natives), including seedlings, vegies and bulbs. Depending on plant variety, apply Seasol and PowerFeed every 2 to 4 weeks (check container for application rates) around the soil for continual healthy growth, increased pest and disease resistance and masses of flowers and tasty produce.
Follow the safety precautions in the “General Precautions” tab and collect in containers for disposal as trade waste, in accordance with local authority guidelines.
Inhalation of dust and/or liquid mists may irritate, inflame or sensitise the nose, throat and lungs resulting in illnesses ranging from hay fever or asthma to pneumonia or pneumonia-like illnesses. Direct contact with this material or its dust and/or liquid mists (bioaerosols) may cause skin irritation (dermatitis), and skin or eye infections or irritation. People particularly at risk are those suffering from asthma or allergies, and those immune defence systems are compromised.
Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid breathing dust and/or liquid mists. Wear suitable protective clothing and standard duty gloves. If exposed to dust and/or liquid mists also wear dust-resistant eye protection and particulate respirator. Wash your hands thoroughly immediately after handing. Wash work clothes regularly. Clean up by wet sweeping or vacuuming. Store product in a cool location.
Irrigate eyes with plenty of water for 10 minutes. Wash skin with soap and water. Seek medical attention for any persistent skin, eye or respiratory symptoms.
Please click here to download the Safety Data Sheet