Forty-five seconds is all it takes to feel better after connecting with nature. This includes gazing at one small plant. Little wonder the demand for indoor plants has gone through the roof over the last 6 months. There are some incredibly hardy varieties available to grow now and even the most beginner gardener can have success growing some green inside.
The six most common mistakes when growing indoor plants –
- Choosing the wrong plants for the location. Those considered good for indoors are the varieties that don’t grow out of control, tolerate low light, and low humidity.
- Loving plants to death, water requirements are low inside. If the soil is damp, they don’t require watering.
- Treating indoor plants like outdoor plants. They will need a little more care.
- Placing in a very dark position for a long period of time.
- Neglecting to wash dust off the leaves.
- After being inside for a period are placed outside to fend for themselves. A problem if extreme heat or cold is experienced.