Indoor cats will benefit from having access to fresh grass and there is nothing tricky about growing Catgrass indoors. The varieties of plants used for cat grass are a quick growing cereal and will be ready to consume in a matter of week. They can even be grown in a soil less container.
For Catgrass that not only looks good, but will be a source of treats for the cat follow these steps
- Chose a bowl or ceramic container (a hole for drainage is not needed with this method).
- Fill the bowl with decorative stones or pebbles.
- Place one layer of paper towel over the stones and fill the container with water so the level is just below the stones and the paper will stay damp.
- Scatter the Catgrass seeds over the paper and place on a sunny windowsill.
- Keep the water level topped up.
Varieties of plants suitable to use as Catgrass are Wheat, Barley or Oats.