Lawn TLC with PowerFeed LawnFeed
Although it’s official autumn, many parts of Australia are still experiencing heat and high temperatures and our lawns have been suffering. As the temperature drops and we have cool days and nights, now is the time to give your lawn some TLC.
A few simple tips now, will help to rejuvenate your lawn, so that you will have the best looking lawn in the street.
- Thatch is a layer of dead organic matter that settles in and around the base of your grass. When it gets too thick it can prevent water and fertiliser from soaking deep into the grass roots. To remove thatch, mow your lawn first then rake the lawn vigorously. You can also hire specialist de-thatching equipment.
- Aerate your lawn to allow air, water and nutrients to filter down to the grass roots. In most cases a garden fork will do the job or get your hands on some lawn aeration equipment for big areas.
- Top-dress the lawn with a thin layer of highly organic soil mixture to replenish nutrients and level out uneven areas.
- Rather than give your lawn a light daily sprinkle with the hose, try watering deeply less often. It encourages grass roots to grow down into cooler soil and establishes a strong root system that is more tolerant to dry conditions.
- Water your lawn early in the morning. It’s a more efficient way to water and helps to reduce the risk of fungal disease, because moisture doesn’t sit on the lawn overnight.
- Creating the best lawn in the street isn’t just about feeding your grass its about creating a healthy, nourishing soil environment too. So give your green oasis a good dose of PowerFeed LawnFeed or PowerFeed Buffalo LawnFeed.
- It is an organically enriched lawn food, which provides a balanced range of nutrients and trace elements to boost health and growth in all lawns including Buffalo. The granules in PowerFeed LawnFeed are coated with millions of good microbes, which are vital for the health of your lawn and soil. Plus it’s boosted with seaweed so it stimulates the root system to thicken grass and replace ugly patches within lawn. It also reduces stress from heat, frost, pest, disease & foot traffic.
How to use PowerFeed LawnFeed
- PowerFeed LawnFeed can be used at any time of the year depending on the variety of lawn you have. Generally one application at the start of spring, summer and autumn is recommended. A spring application will last approximately 4 to 6 weeks. Apply 20-30 grams per square metre to established lawns. Ensure even distribution via hand although a lawn spreader can be used.
- Do not use PowerFeed LawnFeed on turf that is less than 6 weeks old. An application of Seasol concentrate should be used at 50mL per 9 litres of water (standard watering can) every 7 to 10 days while establishing.
- Remember to water in thoroughly after applying to get those microbes to work. Sweep any excess off pathways and driveways.
Additional help for your Lawn
- If your soil needs a boost, get your hands on a bottle of Seasol Liquid Compost. It’s perfect for established lawns because you don’t need to dig it in. Seasol Liquid Compost helps to revitalize the soil, improve soil structure and moisture retention and increase worm and microbial activity.
- If your soil is misbehaving and not absorbing water properly, give your lawn a once over with Seasol Super Soil Wetter and Conditioner to help water soak deep into the roots of your grass. Just be sure to wash it off the foliage after you apply it.